Ages 13 – 18
VISUAL EFFECTS FOR MOVIES
Moviemaking these days involves a lot of post-production work to create incredible visual experiences audiences enjoy. Digital Visual Effects or VFX is an area that is rapidly expanding to touch every movie. Building on students' filmmaking skills learned in Week 1, students hit the ground running, beginning with a rapid short narrative project that they complete during the first day of week two.
Students will learn about title design and fundamental visual effects with Davinci Resolve software before moving into their second film project. Students will learn how to use a green screen, digital masks and node-based workflows in Blackmagic's Fusion.
What Students Learn
- Advanced cinematography and VFX techniques
- Cinematography with 2K Cameras
- Basic Davinci Resolve and Fusion workflow for VFX
- Green screen compositing techniques?
- Advanced post-production editing techniques?
- The philosophy & technology behind sound design
For more information or for any questions, please call the School of Continuing Education at 403.356.4900